eReferral leverages existing information from Alberta Netcare (such as demographics, labs, and diagnostic imaging) into a referral form that can be saved as a draft, checked for completeness and tracked in real time as it is submitted, received, triaged and scheduled for an appointment
In July 2014, eReferral launched a limited production rollout for referrals to hip and knee joint replacement surgery and routine medical/radiation oncology for breast and lung cancer. Recent evaluation of the project has determined that the program and its benefits should be expanded to include other clinical areas.
The first expansion will be to offer eReferral advice requests for nephrology, starting June 2016. It is anticipated that the next round of clinical services offered by eReferral will include gastroenterology, urology and pulmonary, among others.
- Getting Started With eReferral: describes the steps to configure your Alberta Netcare homepage and updating "My Details" settings to enable eReferrals.
- Program Features: introduces the functions of eReferral
- User Benefits: highlights the benefits that eReferral users may enjoy.
- eReferral Quick References: are short illustrated instructions that tell you, step-by-step, how to complete key tasks in the application.
- eReferral eDemos: are 2-3 minute videos which illustrate the key functions of eReferral.
- eReferral User Guide: is an in depth resource providing information about all areas of eReferral.
- Training Environment: includes a simulation of the eReferral application which allows you to practice creating and managing electronic referrals. Follow the instructions on the page to login using a Clinical1 ID; you'll see the eReferral tab on the left.
- AHS users: can go directly to the Training Environment if you are accessing the site from inside an AHS facility.
- Community/Remote users: must log in to Citrix before you can access the Training Environment.
- eReferral by the Numbers - July 2016
- Big Ideas: Set a preference for ANP inactivity timeout
- eReferral Offers Nephrology Advice
- Big Ideas: Attach a WOLF EMR form to an eReferral
- Edmonton PCN Infographic
- Big Ideas: Generate a Paperless Referral in the Wolf EMR
- eReferral by the Numbers
- South Zone Feature
- Health Services Catalogue
- Chronic Kidney Disease Clinical Pathway
- Reasons for Referral
- Breast / Lung Cancer Referral Method Table
- Technical Requirements
- Generic Referral Form
- Alberta Hip and Knee Replacement Referral Form
- Breast Cancer Referral Guidelines
- Lung Cancer Referral Guidelines
- eReferral Evaluation: Read the Executive Summary, or the eReferral Evaluation Final Report