eReferral leverages existing information from Alberta Netcare (such as demographics, labs, and diagnostic imaging) into a referral form that can be saved as a draft, checked for completeness and tracked in real time as it is submitted, received, triaged and scheduled for an appointment
In July 2014, eReferral launched a limited production rollout for referrals to hip and knee joint replacement surgery and routine medical/radiation oncology for breast and lung cancer. Recent evaluation of the project has determined that the program and its benefits should be expanded to include other clinical areas.
eReferral advice requests for nephrology were added October 2016. It is anticipated that the next round of clinical services offered by eReferral will include gastroenterology, urology and pulmonary, among others.
A variety of learning resources have been developed to support clinicians as they learn to use the eReferral system. Visit the Learning Centre to view Quick Reference sheets, eDemos, a User Guide, or access the Training Environment to practice using simulated patient records.
- To register for an information webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request training, contact the eHealth Support Team.
- If you don't have access to Alberta Netcare: find out how to register.
- Nephrology Advice Go-Live Announcement
- eReferral by the Numbers - July 2016
- eReferral Offers Nephrology Advice
- Edmonton PCN Infographic
- eReferral by the Numbers
- South Zone Feature
- Chronic Kidney Disease Clinical Pathway
- Reasons for Referral
- Breast / Lung Cancer Referral Method Table
- Technical Requirements
- Generic Referral Form
- Alberta Hip and Knee Replacement Referral Form
- Breast Cancer Referral Guidelines
- Lung Cancer Referral Guidelines
- eReferral Evaluation: Read the
Executive Summary, or the eReferral Evaluation Final Report